I am a gadget fan, who isn’t? Every year I usually upgrade and then have some stuff on my christmas list.
I thought I would do a post highlighting what I would like.
The list is in no particular order of importance as I will most likely get them all.
1) A camera to accompany my current one, I use a Canon eos 7D at the moment. But, will soon be needing a second body. I would like something like the Canon eos 6D. Currently they have 5% off at PC world.
2) New lenses are an important and ever changing component in the photography world. At the moment I have a 24-105, 50mm 1.2, 12-24. The next on my list is a Canon 85mm that I can specifically use for portrait work. Currently Jessops have varied deals on this and other lenses.
3) A new tripod, this is something I always forgot to buy myself, im so used to just taking photos handheld it slips my mind. With both my birthday and christmas coming up though, I will get one, well, I really actually do need one. Currently currys are offering around 20% off some of their range.
4) A new laptop, this for me this year is essential. I am currently using a macbook as my windows later once again has packed up, they never seem to last long. I will be getting either a newer model macbook pro or a Macbook air. i’ll be needing a bigger spec and a better quality screen for my photography work. Apple often have some good deals in their refurb section, which is always worth keeping an eye on.
5) A quality camera bag is another thing high on my list, I need something that offers a lot more protection for when I am out on a shoot. There are 1000′s of bags out there though and it takes a while to look around. could make it easier and has some good offers on.